Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Procrastination Award goes to ME

The clock is ticking.
It's been ticking since I got my W-2 in the mail.
10 days to go before April 15th.
I have been dreading this..........

For the last 3 years I have had my own little home business.
It went under in August of last year.
It would have stayed afloat if my husband hadn't gotten hurt at work. Every year I have been organized until last year. It seems as if when my doctor decided to put me on Effexor ~ my brain seemed to function differently as if it didn't have a care in the world. My New Years Resolution for the last 10 years has been to get and stay organized. I was doing so well until ~poof~ === my brain went crazy from the medicine and I began living in la-la land.

I knew it was going to be bad.
Nothing has been touched since August of last year.
I had everything in piles beginning to cover with dust.
Receipts, papers and index cards in no particular order.

So, I got ambitious yesterday and decided I better get busy.
Actually, it had some to do with the comments my husband made over the weekend about me always saying I wouldn't let it get to April 15th at 11:59 before putting it in the mailbox. I was determined to prove him wrong this year. So, I pulled out my handy calculator with the gigantic buttons so I can see, blew the dust off of my papers and went to work. After working about 4 hours yesterday and 3 more today I am now surrounded in even more piles of paper. I am tip-toeing through my bedroom waiting for one of the kids to come in dragging a blanket.

I have asked my family to please help me ~ they make excuses as to why they can't. They also are making excuses as to why they cannot take the trash out, clean their room, pick up after themselves, or do anything without being told. I ended up having to ground my daughter to her room this afternoon for not doing what I told her to do and I took her stereo away from her. Now she is sitting in there humming....and humming...and humming..... I don't know what is worse ~ her humming or Ashley Simpson.

So, for the rest of the night I am closing my bedroom door being careful not to disturb my huge mess I have now because I decided to make some progress and accomplish something instead of just getting a CPA, and trying to drown out the dogs that keep barking at nothing, my sons TV and her humming.

I don't drink, but I think I could use one right now. Actually, maybe I need the doctor to put me back on Effexor - life was fun then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home