Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Thursday, March 31, 2005

1 step forward, 1 step back

All week I have been trying to listen to God.
Waiting for His plan and the choices I need to make.
He is so patient with me ~
I have always said that God watches out for the stupid people.

This week I haven't felt like He's been watching out for me because I'm not always that smart. I have felt that He has been blessing me and my family "just because He wanted to". Little things here and there have worked my way ~ almost like aligning the planets in my life to point to the direction I need to be heading. He has provided things I have been waiting for for years this week - in not so obvious ways.

I continue to wait patiently ~ listening and keeping my eyes open.

So, this week I come across some things I have been wanting for years. Things that were not in my price range and even if they had been, don't know that I would have gotten. I have gotten about $200 worth of things I needed for $10.00. As things keep working in my favor I keep thanking God over and over ~ for keeping His eye on me and never leaving me.

I called my husband so excited ~ rambling on and on about this and how happy I am. He has good news too about his future and it is obvious that God is really at work in our lives.

About 8:30 last night my daughter comes in from outside saying "all of the car doors are locked, mom" ~ and of course, the keys are inside. I have never had to unlock myself into a car before ~ all I knew is I needed a hanger and a flashlight. As I inspect my car I realize it is impossible for me to break into this thing. After calling friends for help, the sheriff for help ~ anybody who would know someone who has broken into a car ~ no one can help. I am stuck out in the middle of literally no where, 20 miles to the closest town ~ with 2 kids and a track meet to go to which is my daughters last one. I hadn't been able to go to any of the others but I had promised her I would go. Needless to say, I have no spare key - I cannot pick a lock -

So I have the locksmith coming this morning to fix my big oops.
He says it will be at least $50.00.
He said new cars these days aren't designed to get into anymore with the tight seals around the windows and it's so difficult to unlock the lock with having no where to grab to it and hard to push the automatic door lock buttons.

As I thank God for all of His wonderful blessings, I know He is shaking His head at me in disbelief of how I can manage to screw up such a beautiful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home