Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Friday, March 18, 2005

Water

I live on Dr. Pepper and by no means feel that I eat healthy. I do walk a couple of times a week but that is about it when it comes to exercise. As I get older, I can really tell that I need to change my habits and take better care of myself. Luckilly, I have never had a serious illness even though I've had a couple of scares.

I wanted to share this info because it really surprised me. I will certainly be making sure that I drink more water. My husband brought it home from his classes he's taken this week and I hope that he will pay more attention to it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated

~ In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger!

~ Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

~ One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

~ Lack of water is the #1 trigger for daytime fatigue.

~ Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly easy back and joint pain.

~ A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

~ Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of: (this completely amazes me!)

* colon cancer by 45%
* slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%
* 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home