Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The remote control is mine

I have been so cranky the last couple of days.
Not sure why............... really have no reason.

I am just irritable and antsy.
My last nerve is gone. The last straw is gone.

I'm figuring it is because I am here with the kids and my husband is gone. I am sure they would rather be outside than cooped up in the house with me. Especially this cranky, moody me I have turned into.

Had a great weekend with my husband being back. Stayed up the entire night Friday talking.
We do that about every other month.
We both talk so much we are interrupting each other constantly. I tend to interrupt to avoid forgetting what I was going to say. If I wait long enough for him to finish a sentence - poof - gone and usually never to return.

We talk about everything. Religion, politics, people, what-if scenerios, memories, and what we plan to do with the rest of our lives. And, he never yawns -- ever.

I am lucky.

One thing with him being gone though ~
I have complete control over the remote.
Though I like his shows ~ sometimes I just want to watch what "I" want to watch.
How many things can they possibly come up with on CSI? We watch every single one, every single week.
Fear Factor - and that comes on every week when dinner is ready.
The Contender - I like that show but I tend to cry.
Las Vegas - One of my absolute favorites.
Those are the only ones that I came up with off the top of my head that he is completely in to.

Me ~ I can't help but like to watch some of the reality shows. I don't know what it is about them. I like The Apprentice - he hates it.

So, last night I had complete control. I got to pick and didn't have to worry about anyone complaining.

First comes Nanny 911 ~ In comes my 8 year old son.
He was completely fascinated over that show. I don't think he blinked once.

So, mom was a basketcase at the beginning and the husband was a jerk.
My heart goes out to the mom for being left alone with all these kids while her husband tends to his "birds".....yeah, that would have lasted about 10 minutes at my house. He would have found his belongings out there with him.
Suddenly, it is clear that this mom is the problem.
They sleep too late, kids are late for school, and she makes pancakes.
This family needs help ~
Nanny about has a breakdown ~ the husband doesn't say 5 words through the entire thing ~ mom is just completely confused what she's doing wrong.
Now, that's TV - that's my kind of drama.

Next was Extreme Makeover.
Never seen that before.
8 year old still with me.

Wowwweee -
Only thing that I thought at the end was how if that had been my mom ~ I'd have been kinda freaked out. I would know she was happy but since I didn't really recognize her - it would take a while for her to be "mom" again - I think all kids think their moms are already beautiful ~

Next was Super Nanny.
8 year old STILL watching.
Only he really got into this one.
I think it is because he was completely in shock seeing how these kids acted.

So, this mom had alot to deal with but I knew that she could "get it" and handle them.
Dad ~ wasn't sure about.

So, after no one ate at the table and ran around like wild Indians, the nanny asks what they are going to do that day.

The mom says "We are going to venture to the mall".....

HUH?!?!? I could see where this was headed.

They get there ~ and it was worse than I had pictured.

Maybe I am too strict - but my way of thinking is "My way or no way"....
I am in control - I have the say - I am the responsible one

The 2 things that I noticed about this episode:

The time-out rug or corner they have ~ fine idea ~ had one myself.
But I do not like how the kids have to say "I'm Sorry" before they leave it.
I may be wrong and would be the first to admit it - but I do not want anyone whether they are 4 or 94 telling me they are sorry for something that they aren't - and are being forced to apologize. It isn't sincere. My kids have always said it and have never been forced to.

The other is how at the end the mom takes them to the mall and says to the nanny:
"I can't believe this - I wouldn't have ever thought I could have taken them to the mall"

Did you see what the kids had in their hands? Looked like Slurpies.
Sure, give a kid a Slurpie and they will be quiet and take the time to drink it.
That's a great band-aid for that problem.

So, I can't say I liked that show as well as Nanny 911.

I then caught a show called "How Clean Is Your House" -- oh my gooooossshhh.
I could talk for days about that show! I have only seen it 1 other time.

So, did the blonde lady lose a bet and has to be the one that smells everything???

That was my excitement ~ I just like looking in on other families and what is going on.

It makes me realize that I must be doing something right with my kids and am so thankful for my house ~ even though it is not spotless ~ it is clean compared to some. I just have to go back and count my blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home