Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Monday, April 11, 2005

It is DONE

After days and days of sorting through papers up to my ears, my fingertips worn from pushing the buttons on my calculator ~ my taxes are finally done.

One thing that didn't occur to me until today is -- my printer does not work. So now I get to handwrite all of these papers to send in so that will probably take me right up until April 15th by the time I locate the forms I need, figure out what lines to fill in, where to mail it to, buy the stamp to mail it and seal it with a big red lipstick stained kiss on the back of the envelope.

I have been using Turbo Tax for the last 3 years ~ did it again this year. It just makes taxes too easy with its adding and subtracting ~ the questions are yes and no ~ and then it checks it and prints it out on the forms that I need. Very spoiling. That was a great invention.

So, for the next several weeks I am sure I will be chasing down the mailman before he even gets to my box to see my refund check. The anxiety will kill me. What a relief it is done.

I got food poisoning the other night. Not sure how. My daughter says it was all in my mind that I had been poisoned by the hamburger meat used in the tacos. She says that because she is the one that cooked. Back to her only cooking frozen pizzas from now on.

My son had his first baseball game this season last Saturday. We were surprised to see him playing catcher. He is so tiny and the protective equipment looked so heavy ~ but he did fine. I was proud. Wish my dad had bothered to go. Too busy ~ as always. What's new. My dads number 1 person is himself. Always has been and always will be so why would anything change all of a sudden. Someday I will come to the realization that we are in his way ~ and an inconvenience. Extra baggage.

So now that it is almost 3 and time for the kids to get out of school, I will get ready for the day. This time change has things all screwed up. I know its been over a week but I will adjust to it about the time its time to change back to the other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home