Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Friday, May 06, 2005

Seeing Double

My daughter has been wearing glasses since she was in 2nd grade.
When she started 7th grade this year I decided that it was time for contacts.
She had begged and begged and I finally gave in after having her glasses broken everytime I turned around.

I think getting contacts was a bit more responsibility than she could handle. She continues to sleep in them and not take them out for days ~ they are disposible so I find myself buying a new set pretty often.

This morning she comes home from her friends house where she'd spent the night, and 1 eye was bloodshot. She said her contact had been bothering her and had to take it out and throw it away ~ so she could only see out of the other eye.

We are on our way back to the optical place (45 minutes away), she & I decide that she needs to go back to wearing glasses to give her eyes some time before using contacts again.

We go in the store ~ she tries on every pair of every size and shape. She tries 1 pair on and I comment on how much I like them on her. I then ask the lady to please check our file to see what pair she had gotten last time so that I can compare. She comes back and tells us that they do not carry that particular style anymore and cannot tell us what brand they were.

We then agree on this particular pair.

1 hour later she has them and we head home.

After being home about 3 hours ~ she comes to me and tells me she needs me to look at something. She hands me her old pair of glasses and the new pair.

They are identical - the same exact pair of frames.
Out of the hundreds of pairs of frames we picked out the same exact frame.

We considered taking them back and me having a fit ~
but have decided to just keep them after looking at the old pair.

I have figured out why I didn't recognize they were the same when she tried them on:

They were not bent and sideways on her face needing adjusting like she always wore the old ones. It must be a kid thing ~ the more out of whack the better. Everytime I'd take her to have them adjusted, we'd leave the store, get in the car and she'd be aligning them back sideways like she had 1 eye on her cheek. So far, she hasn't started bending these yet.

On a different note:

Some people (and I say this respectfully), have more money than they have sense.
See example

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I would DEFINITELY say people have more money than sense after seeing that link! Oh, lordy!

Hope you can get the glasses replaced. Geez. Isn't it even more frustrating when you have to drive 45 minutes to do it?? They must REALLY look great on her to get them twice! :)

May 06, 2005 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home