Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Only God Knows......

It seems that every living animal that enters our hearts ~ dies.

Seeing as I have lost count of how many actual animals we have lost during the last 5 years says to me that it is too many. None our fault ~ just life.

I just wish my son didn't have to feel the hurt of death so frequently.
I am afraid he will become numb to the hurt eventually.

The goat was fine the entire next day after I last posted.
I took pictures ~ emailed them to everyone in my address book.
Praised my son ~ they both seemed they'd succeeded and beat the odds.

Friday night the goat turned from excellent to bad to worse in a matter of an hour.
Too weak and frail ~scared me to even have him hold it.
He sat there crying ~ a cry of desperation ~ a cry of fear ~
repeating the same thing over and over ~ "oh no".

Saturday morning it hadn't made it through the night.
He quietly said his last goodbye.
He blamed himself saying he was a bad father.
After much reassurance of what a big heart he has, a determination and a genuine concern ~ I explained how that makes him so different than so many people in the world.

At the young age of 8, my son was a better father to his goat than some fathers are when they are adults. Alot of fathers in this world do not even deserve the title "father". They haven't earned it.

Many prayers were prayed by my son that went unanswered.
My son has a solid faith and relationship with God.
He knows that no one else could love him the way God does and realizes that He is the only one that loves him as much as his mom and dad.

Though his prayers were unanswered ~ with no explanation ~
my son was at peace. He knew that there was a reason.
He was okay in knowing that only God knows why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home