Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A start of something new

I figure on days like today, when I really have nothing new to write about ~ I have decided to participate in a "questionaire" type thing that I found on another blog called The Journal Jar.
Everyday she asks different questions and I will try to answer them as best I can. I am starting from the beginning so I will probably be so far behind since I am not making a huge commitment to participate in it.

First Question ~

Describe your first job. What did it pay? What were your duties? What was your boss like?

The first job I ever remember having was working at a flower shop as a delivery driver.

It was probably one of the most fun jobs ever. It was the neatest thing to see the faces of people who were being delivered flowers ~ their faces would just light up and they'd get so excited. I took them to hospitals, nursing homes, businesses and homes ~ it was great. I remember that I quit because Summer came. It was hot (I had no idea what hot was in Colorado until I moved to Texas!) and probably somewhat lazy. I liked to stay busy but delivering flowers wasn't something that kept me busy for too long except on holidays. I don't remember my boss ~ I remember it was a lady and she was beautiful ~ that's it. I'm sure she was very nice too. I made minimum wage which I'm sure contributed to the fact that it was so easy to quit. I really didn't take it seriously ~ it was fun for a while. I'm sure I thought there were bigger and better things to do. I wouldn't trade my first job for any other one though ~ I enjoyed it while it lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home