Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Teamwork...and the lack thereof

My husband is finally back from his 6 weeks of his pain management training. Things are back to normal now - lost control again of the remote and am now stuck again watching Fear Factor, PBR Bull Riding, Championship Poker and westerns. *sigh*

No more quiet naps in the middle of the day, no more having the entire bed to myself.

Since he's been back I've been realizing how much he has been getting away with since we've been married. Like leaving dirty dishes on the table for me to pick up to wash. His clothes scattered again by the side of the bed, leaving the toilet lid up, hangers upside down in the closet where he yanked off a shirt, hair in the bathroom sink where he shaved, bowls where someone has been eating peanut butter and syrup in the middle of the night in the sink, the TV being turned up so loud I can't even think straight and at the same time him taking a nap snoring over the TV, and list goes on and on.

Saturday night we took our daughter to see the Amityville Horror. She is terrified of Freddy Kruger yet thought that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was stupid - yet, she had begged and begged to see this new movie. I thought it would be funny to hear her scream in the theater or just see her jump. No, this isn't cruel - I just remember how Pet Cemetery made me feel and wanted her to feel the same thing. She sat in the middle of her dad & I ~ within the first 10 seconds she had a tight hold of my arm. There were parts where she would duck her head - couldn't even watch - she jumped about 10 times - cried over the dog - pretty dramatic ordeal for her. I must admit that I had no idea anything about this movie - I had never seen the original and had no idea where the movie was going as far as the plot or much of what it was about other than it was supposedly a true story. I did as best I could to keep from picking apart the movie as far as its credability. Only got scared when the little girl jumped off the roof (I have nightmares about heights and this sort of thing happening on accident) and then at the very end, like the last 10 seconds of the movie - at which point I jumped and popcorn went flying every which way.

After it was over I felt sick on the way home - assume I ate too much popcorn. That's never happened before - must be one of those "once you turn 30" things. Came home to go to bed and ended up with my daughter in my bed and her dad in hers.

Took our son Saturday morning to his baseball game. It was so cold - went from wearing shorts the day before to needing earmuffs. That was miserable though his team did win.

Left there to look at storm shelters. Not sure why my husband decided we needed one all of a sudden - even had me write down the phone number - like either one of us is going to ever call. Since our car was struck by lightening back in 1997 which burnt a hole through the frame and fried every wire throughout the car (I should mention that we were in it driving down the road) ~ I do feel invinsible when it comes to lightening and storms. That same day back in '97 we returned home to find windows broken out of our house with slithers of glass dug into our floor like knives - no paint left on the house - bicycles that were in the yard now 3 acres away - I'm not scared like I used to be. Glad I wasn't home at the time but even if I had been, by the time I realized what was happening with glass flying through the air, I couldn't have run anywhere. I also feel that since this house is still standing since it was built in 1912 - I really have nothing much to worry about.

Went for a drive and got lost Sunday - it was a beautiful day and my husband loves to go out on dirt roads where he has no clue where we're going. Roads that are not maintained by any means, driving over bridges that could collapse at any moment. I am usually a nervous wreck the entire time in fear that we will have car problems or get stuck and end up in a place like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre ~

The kids were out of school yesterday (not sure what reason the school gave this time) ~ it rained most of the day with terrible thunderstorms around that had tornados. Went to rent movies but everyone already wanted out of the car before we even got there ~ the 4 of us don't travel anywhere well together. By the time we got there I didn't want to even go in muchless pick out a movie - I walked around the store with the new releases and right back out to the car leaving them inside. Not sure what triggered our sudden "sick of each other" feeling ~ I'm thinking it started when the 3 of them were headed to the car and I heard someone yell "stop it" and other one yell something back and then my husband yell ~ thinking it may have been a mud puddle. Went to Wal-mart to get some groceries - all 4 of us wondering around like we are lost because I am in no mood to take charge and my husband is just being contrary saying "whatever....I don't care what you want....I don't want to cook....I'm picky about what I eat though....don't know if we have that or not....sugar? is it on sale?...." SALE? Since when does he care what's on sale?? Sugar is $1.50 and that's not on sale so that's too much?? I just wanted OUT of there. Came straight home (couldn't get here fast enough for any of us) ~ I decided to cook while my daughter gave me that disgusted look because I've asked her to help so sent her back to her room so I didn't have to look at her ~ can hear my husband snoring over the tornado warning they've just issued ~ and my son, who is still so very sweet, telling me he can make his own salad and that the lettuce doesn't need to be washed.

So basically, there wasn't alot of anything going on here ~ all I wanted was everyone to pitch in the help "spring clean" - yeah, what was I thinking?

So, the kids are back in school, thank goodness, and my husband is now out joining the gym. I told him to sign up for 6 months and that maybe by that time I'd consider joining. I have no desire at this point in my life and really want this time when he's there for us to be doing our own thing. We spend way too much quality time together as it is.

I've been thinking about maybe planting some flowers or plants around the yard ~ haven't done that before since our dogs would probably destroy them seeing as how one is OCD. No, never thought it was possible for a dog to be obsessive compulsive, but it is. I hope to accomplish something today ~ it's just so hard to get motivated when no one else seems to really care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home