Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Monday, May 09, 2005

Did someone say Mother's Day?

Honestly, I worked harder yesterday on Mother's Day than I have worked the other 364 days in the past year. All I have to say is I will get even on Father's Day. In fact, I think my husband has done MORE the last 364 days than he did yesterday. Kindof disappointed but I shouldn't have been too surprised. Maybe he feels like he spoils me every other day of the year ~ not sure what happened. I honestly think he forgot about it until noon when he rushed to town to get a card and roses.

That's enough of that or this post will go on for days about his drama and the stories I have about him.

I did get a cute card from my daughter.

It reads:

What Mom's Want

A cruise....
Dinner out....
Warm bath....
Lots of clothes....
A little peace and quiet....

Inside says:

What Mom's Get

Cruise to the supermarket for milk....
Dinner out of a box....
Warm bath filled with toys....
Lots of clothes piled in and around the hamper....
Little peas on the carpet....

Happy Mother's Day

This is what she wrote inside:

Mom,
I know that I haven't ever been the "model daughter" (especially lately) but I'm really sorry. I will try harder. Well, you already got your cruise, but maybe, just maybe you can get lots of whatever with this. (She put $40.00 cash inside my card!) I know that you didn't want anything so I didn't get you anything. Spend this on you -- not gas or whatever -- go get a manicure, go to a store and get you some new clothes. Buy some shoes. But spend it on you!

I love you so much and I hope your Mother's Day is great.

I did give the money back to her ~ she has been working for my dad painting. So, she & I went to Taco Bell (her idea!) and then she went to Wal-Mart and bought her a CD and me a pair of earrings. I know that she would have loved for me to have spent it on "me" but there was no way in the world I could do that. As a mom it's always better to see their children happy getting what they want. That's a gift in itself! It was alot of fun.

My son handmade a card at school and wrote a letter. He said I was the best mom and how I smell good. It was so sweet.

I bought him a harmonica Saturday. It came with a book to teach him how to play. He opened it up and made sure that he understood the difference between inhale and exhale ~ then played the heck out of it. He hasn't stopped playing it since. I let him take it to school to show his class today ~ I'm sure the teacher loved me for that.

BTW ~ I hope to have a chance to share some pictures in the next couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home