Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

On the road again

Well, the time has finally come for us to leave.

Everytime we head off out of town I always feel like the Beverly Hillbillies. This time we are taking our dog who will be taking turns riding in the back and in the backseat with the kids ~ and now I see a trailer hooked up to the back of the truck with a horse. Typically there is a wad or 2 of gum stuck outside the back window ~ all of our luggage in the back of the truck where at some point along the way it will begin to pour down rain and my husband starts putting everything in trash bags.

We have to make a trip 40 miles out of the way before we leave to pick up my credit card I left at a restaurant yesterday ~ when I called to make sure it was there they said it had been left behind the counter ~ they had forgotten to give it back to me. While we are there we will be exchanging Landon's new toy he bought with his lawn-mowing money ~ the Star Wars lightsaber is for a baby and a piece of junk, he said. My husband is still on a mission to find "the" DVD player for the car ~ we've looked at several but he still hasn't found one he wants. I figure we will be stopping by Best Buy and/or Circuit City hoping to find "the" one.

This is going to be the longest trip ever ~ I will be so ready to get there. It seems like it is about a 7 hour drive but with all the stops we make and taking a horse it should take about 12. After this drive I may be happy about staying there for 2 weeks.

So, next time you hear from me I will be live blogging from Houston. Thanks Hick for inspiring me to learn how. :-)

10-4.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

Travelling mercies to you!

A blessing for your trip...
"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

June 01, 2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Yahoo...another live blogging event! I will be checking in frequently.

Drive carefully.

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe.

June 03, 2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

YAY! GOod luck on the trip! (OK, I'm too late...hope the trip went well!)

I've made that treck WAAAYYYYYYYY too many times the last few months. In fact, Monday will be my last one-way there and I'll be living in the Spring/North Houston area.

It's cool that you can bring the horse, though. And the dog. Hopefully you won't just sit and sit too much.

June 03, 2005 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home