Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Monday, May 30, 2005

Merrily We Roll Along

I wish I could report that we did something this weekend but I can't. We did nothing. Except, I did get to go to Lake Tahoe with Hick ~ well, in a way. I enjoyed it while it lasted. I've never been there before but it looks absolutely beautiful. The mountains, the blue lakes ~ wow.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement on my last post. I woke up Saturday morning to realize that it was true and really did happen. She has spent the most part of the weekend in her room other than when she goes outside to paint.



Do the crime, do the time.



Here's a close-up of her face to show the misery.

You might be wondering what that is on her arm.
I ran out of latex gloves for her to use to keep the paint off of her hands so I gave her a palpating glove ~ these are gloves someone would use to check if a cow is pregnant. That's why it is so long. No, I don't do this sort of thing ~ they are here for when the vet comes and are for her arms only ~ ick, ick, ick. So, Jessica wasn't amused at all about having to wear this.
(**evil laugh here**)

We stayed home Saturday since it was rainy ~ we watched Spanglish and I cried at the end over the mother/daughter thing.

Sunday we went to church ~ was really hopeful that the sermon would be about dishonesty but it wasn't. I know my daughter listens to his sermons ~ he brings it down to where even the children understand. I like that.

Landon decided 10 minutes before we were to be at church that he wanted to play a solo for the congregation with his new harmonica. I knew the church would love it as we only have about 50 members who are almost all over the age of 70. I asked him if he knew any church songs and he said no but that he knew "Merrily We Roll Along" ~ I said he really needed to practice a church song so we should wait until we had time to practice. He brought his harmonica song book to me and asked me to find a church song. I found "When The Saints Go Marching In" and he agreed that he'd practice that one. He asked the preacher if he could and they made a deal that Landon would play it the last Sunday in June ~ and he would call it "Landon in Concert".

Today we went looking for a DVD player for the car. We've been talking about getting one for a while so now would be a great time to go ahead and do it. We didn't find one we wanted so plan to look again tomorrow.

I guess we are planning on leaving Wednesday to head to Houston to see my in-laws. My husband wants to stay 2 weeks. We did that at Christmas and I said I'd never stay that long again but with only 1 car I don't think I'll have much of a choice. I remember wanting to go home so bad I actually considered taking a Greyhound bus home ~ so, if THAT crossed my mind, I must have really been ready to come home. I don't mind 1 week but 2 just really pushes my patience. There is just no place like my own bed and doing my own thing. They seem to go to bed somewhere between 8 & 9 so we have to turn the TV down and tip-toe around. Drives me crazy. We don't ever go anywhere or do anything ~ my husband does all sorts of stuff with his dad while I get stuck sitting with the his mother and her mother and the kids. And that's what we do -- sit -- and sit some more. One great thing is that she cooks a huge meal every night ~ she lets me cook every now and then but it's one of those things she loves to do and I love being waited on.

I do plan on posting while I'm there though ~ she does have a computer. Everyday I will post and say "We sat", next day "We sat", next day "We sat again".

It never fails that my husband and I end up at one point arguing. I think I really try so hard to let him have a good time that it boils over in me and it all spews out on deaf ears. So, if I post and it says "$%@#&%*" ---- don't ask.

Really nothing new was really worth posting ~ just thought I'd check in and say thank you for all of your kind words that helped me so much this weekend ~ and to say thank you to Hick for letting me come along on her vacation. I had fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Glad you liked the pictures of Tahoe. You need to visit it in person some day...my pictures do not do it justice.

Hey! It sounds like you will be live-blogging on your vacation, too. If nothing else, you can make things up.

May 31, 2005 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home