Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Swimsuits Optional

The 4th went great - none of us were injured from playing with fire. This was the first year I have ever been the firework setter-offer so it was somewhat stressful as I didn't know what I was doing.

Today we were invited to a hot springs pool nearby. I was glad to read the sign that said today was indeed swimsuit day as every other day of the week swimsuits are optional. *gulp*
The kids and grandma had a great time although I had to be in charge of our belongings as I apparently picked up Jessica's swimsuit by mistake as I was packing. I realized this as I was trying to stretch it over my thighs.

I have also been set-up once again like every other summer by being the designated supervisor over a garage sale I am to arrange. My mother is a shop-o-holic and when I come to visit it is next to impossible to make it through a room without tripping and falling on something. As with every other year I have come to visit, she complains and cries with tears of misery of how she cannot live this way any longer and wants to have 1 more garage sale but never again. I think this is her way of making me work to make her money to pay her back for the misery I put her through as a child.

Of course my son is standing over my shoulder crying about how bored he is. We found a skateboard park down the road so he is constantly bugging me to take him down there with his new skateboard. He wore knee pads and elbow pads but he may also need a helmet with what I witnessed yesterday. He is certainly an accident waiting to happen.

I'm off to rest now and regroup. I hope the work ends and the vacation starts soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home