Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Monday, July 04, 2005

Greetings from Colorado

Yes, I know you had no idea I was going to Colorado for the 4th of July. Neither did I.

I honestly thought I was going to die if I stayed at home another minute longer. My husband and stepson stayed back in Texas which is fine - they need their 1 on 1 time and had been looking forward to spending time together as a father-and-son. So, I decided to leave a few days earlier than planned.

It was 11 1/2 hours to get here so I am in no hurry to go back home. I'm planning on us staying for about 2 weeks here with my mom. The kids each have their own rooms here which are especially made and decorated for them. Being the mom of course, I have no special room to call my own so am sleeping on the top bunk in my sons room. Other than the climb to the top, its really nice and I don't mind staying in there at all. It is all decorated with a western theme with old lunchpails and lanterns with bulbs that flicker like a fire.

We have lots of things on our list to see and do while we're here so I'll be posting lots of pictures.

The kids are looking forward to doing fireworks tonight and I am too. I am just glad to be "home" with my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home