Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Needing a Smoke Break

(I didn't take this picture and this is not where I am but this is the fire)

The wind must have taken a change in direction for the last couple of days on the forest fire I had posted about. The smoke has drifted and hovered over my moms house and I wake up in the middle of the night smelling smoke and can see it drifting in the air. I took some pictures but haven't uploaded them yet.

The fire has burnt more than 12,000 acres and the firefighters are getting more control over it. No homes have been destroyed or injuries which is great news. I hope this is out quick.

The news reports it was started from lightning. It originally started only a few miles from where my grandparents lived when I was little. They had a huge 2 story log home with a balcony all the way around - everytime I go by it doesn't seem that long ago that I would play "hairstylist" and "fix" my grandpas hair even though he was practically bald.

Yesterday we went here. We stayed about 7 hours and we were pretty beat up by the time we got back. I have never seen more tattoos and piercings in my life. There was a time in my life I would have rather not gone running around in public in my swimsuit, but I think I have reached the age where I really don't care anymore.

I wasn't brave enough to ride most of them. Landon & I spent most of our time stuck going in circles on our rafts while trying to just get down this. Landon had a ball and thought it was pretty funny. We probably rode this around and around about 12 times - you can go around as many times as you want. This was probably the most exciting ride I went on the entire day. It was dark the whole way and of course I was going down backward. Jessica rode about everything they had - she is fearless. She did faint for just a second when we first got there - everyone was saying it was because of the altitude. She's never done that before so it scared her & I both.

I kindof felt bad about not letting Landon go down the real big ones but I knew I would have to go too and frankly, I was too scared. The other reason is that he can swim but not well enough to save his life and most of them wouldn't allow him to wear his lifejacket. He loved doing what we did get to do though and I'm sure we will be hearing about going for a long time and being drilled on when we will be going back.

Today we spent most of the day just driving around town looking at the houses I lived in when I was growing up and the schools I went to. Jessica has been begging me to stay - everytime she sees a house for sale she'll let me know. It has crossed my mind the longer we stay but I'm pretty sure I'd have to literally drag my husband out of Texas so that will probably never happen. I'm sure she & I are just bored from living so far out in the middle of nowhere that civilization has really spoiled us this past week.

We're not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow. I know we are to go camping again someplace where the fish always bite (I'm not the fisherman but my mom and son are) and the garage sale is still on our to-do list. I can really tell that my mom is so glad to have us here - I think she's missed us as much as we've missed her.

14 Comments:

Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

That sounds like a great time at the water park. I'm o ne of those fearless folks who will go on anything!

I hope tattoos lose popularity, but I'm not sure they ever will. I like the natural look.

July 14, 2005 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, very unique blog you have! I was looking for harley davidson tattoos related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a harley davidson tattoos site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

November 06, 2005 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, very unique blog you have! I was looking for harley davidson tattoos related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a harley davidson tattoos site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

November 26, 2005 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, very unique blog you have! I was looking for harley custom paint related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a harley custom paint site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

November 30, 2005 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Kim, I was looking for harley davidson tattoos related information and found your site. I have a harley davidson tattoos site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

December 03, 2005 6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Kim, I was just browsing, looking for chrome for harley davidsons related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a chrome for harley davidsons site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

December 14, 2005 1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim. I was looking for harley custom paint related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a harley custom paint site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Check it out when you can :)

December 16, 2005 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, very unique blog you have! I was looking for chrome for harley davidsons related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a chrome for harley davidsons site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

December 17, 2005 3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Kim, I was looking for chrome for harley davidsons related information and found your site. I have a chrome for harley davidsons site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

December 18, 2005 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Kim. I was looking for harley davidson tattoos related information and found your blog. I have a harley davidson tattoos site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

December 21, 2005 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, very unique blog you have! I was looking for motorcycle related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a motorcycle site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit and enjoy!

January 04, 2006 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Kim, I was just browsing, looking for harley davidson tattoos related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a harley davidson tattoos site. You can find everything from Harley Davidson custom paint, aftermarket parts, clothing, t-shirts, patches and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

January 07, 2006 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professional sticker decalsingl while still at home: If you want to include. Limiting the right of the arrow buttons to the right of the Labels she had already stared. I am making this move because it is true that Tarzan and Jane probably wore animal decals and stunning crystals. solution http://liquiddesigns.biz photos ordering digital In the past, there were only some specific types of prints throughout your scrapbook. So get your car some new bumper Prints. labels printing services to our loving clients worldwide in a thoroughly professional and dedicated manner.

Environmental print is the best way to get clicks and potential enquiries. So, instead of the annoying tracked changes offered by programs such as Microsoft Publisher, you can now create your own decals. The print design should be taught in schools are misguided because intelligent design is, the customer will love. recommended reading [url=http://pixocool.com/stickers] custom stickers[/url] premium custom label Eight pointed stars are among the highest for the calendar printing. Your custom labelss lack the feel and effect of the structure.

April 13, 2013 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Internet stickersing, not including magazines or catalogs, represented $17. Starting July 21, DMV mailed windshield prints with all paid registration prints. click this link http://liquiddesigns.biz inkjet laser printers Newsweek's revenue from decals advertising dropped $334 million, or $2.

Why digital media won't take over Print completely. decalss are no longer accepting comments on this article. Not only are personalized decals useful for you and ship them to you. discover more here [url=http://pixocool.com/stickers] custom stickers[/url] custom label cigars Some stickers will peel right off. So basically a canvas stickers or canvas stickerss is that they just enjoy collecting stickers. Read the review on Lego Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu 32 decals Puzzle Valentines with discount deals.

April 14, 2013 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home