Back to the Drawing Board

Big Dreams and a Long Line of Bad Luck

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas

Moved from the city to live on a farm with my husband and 2 kids ~ starting over and trying to keep life simple ~ trusting in God and looking forward to His blessings

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I May Want to Stay Here


Here is a great picture my daughter took the other night from our view from the camping spot we had in the mountains. The river is the Arkansas.

Way back in the mountains in the distance you can see where there is now a wildfire that has been burning since Friday. The sky is now dark and cloudy from smoke. Firefighters have been nearby camping out to assist in putting it out. It has been so hot and I feel so sorry for them. The kids and I drove up toward the mountains to see how big it is and it has really burned a large area.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After she took this picture and turned around to hike back to our picnic spot, she spotted this deer. There are signs everywhere that says we cannot feed the wildlife. I remember as a kid feeding deer all the time but apparently they became more aggressive and people started getting hurt.

I'm already not wanting to go home. Even though I love Texas so much I just can't get enough of the views here. I grew up here but don't remember ever appreciating it as much as I do this time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

That is so beautiful!

I love living in Texas, too, but in East Texas we do lack the mountains, which are so beautiful!

You could move to the Big Ben area! The cool think about Texas is you can find whatever topography you'd like at one corner or another.

July 11, 2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I think I want to live there too! Just looking at those pictures makes me all calm and relaxed. Aaahh...

July 11, 2005 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home